Sunday, December 11, 2011

nothing to do but write

I should've been asleep hours ago, but I'm still buzzing on the coffee I drank this afternoon. Not sure what's happening here; perhaps I've eaten too little.

We're supposed to find out before Christmas whether or not the residential agencies are successful in the courts. The state is making budget cuts that we feel have broken our mutual agreement from last year's settlement, and now a judge will decide if the state has breeched it. If we fail in this attempt, we can begin the appeal process, but not before the cuts go into effect.

Point being, at the end of the year, the likelihood that I lose my job could greatly increase.

In many ways, I'm hoping for that outcome. Yes, most days I'm good with the kids, but my job sort of reinforces the spiritual issues I'm working through with God (spending twelve hours a day neglecting my own needs). Earlier this week, I gave thanks to God when I considered how He's always provided for me. Since I was 15, I've never went longer than three weeks without a job. I've only interviewed for two jobs that I didn't get (both in youth ministry...because I wasn't married). I'm marketable in a variety of areas, I don't need a lot of money, and I enjoy the service industry, so I'm not concerned about it. Maybe I should be.

Yeah, two years is a long time for an apostle to plant His feet. When God gives me peace to leave, all that awaits is His timing and blessing.

No comments: