Monday, December 19, 2011

lessons on guarding my heart -- #1

Aloof people are not cute or interesting; they are self-involved and childish. Spending my time chasing aloof people is fruitless, because aloof people want to be chased and are gratified by being chased. And despite how keen they might be on biblical community and worship, it's all a pursuit of affirmation in the end. Sometimes we must realize that despite our need for fleshly comfort, every other human being has not been placed on this planet to accept our situation...to love, yes -- not to accept and affirm.

Therefore, I have this to say for the cool, hipster dudes and the eccentric, artsy gals: I've got a piece of my heart waiting for you. It's yours...whenever you grow tired of playing games and choose to engage someone who loves you. In the meantime, I'll resist the urge to be hurt again.

3 comments:

Laurel Anne said...

I'm glad to see this is part 1 of a series. I've been thinking about the topic of guarding one's heart quite a bit recently. I haven't come to too many conclusions though so I'll be eager to read what you have to say.

Anonymous said...

T,

Amen. I wish I would have figured this out years ago, but... Anyway, there's a Ben Fold's Five song in your words somewhere (BoWCCL?), no?

Heather Braniff

Anonymous said...

C,

Ben Folds however concluded that the aloof man was his hero. I view him less affectionately.

*Jenni Busch*