Tuesday, June 7, 2011

where do i begin?

I'm too stubborn...

*To admit that living alone is detrimental to my spiritual life

*To pray for my enemies, even though Jesus said I should

*To initiate compassion or affection with my family, while remaining the youngest

*To allow myself to miss St. Louis

*To talk about feeling hurt over past relationships

*To wrestle for the floor when others want to hear themselves speak

*To give up the floor when I feel others have said enough

*To invest in those who have already rejected me

*To introduce myself to neighbors, when I'm the new guy in town

*To follow the cool kids to wordpress, even though it's platform is superior

*To continue being a romantic in a culture that disregards purity

*To thank God for the millions of blessings, upon His denial of one

*To share the Gospel with rich folk

*To play games that I expect to lose

*To be offended in public

*To tell Jesus what I want

Is it any wonder my faith is dry?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so honest and convicting. So many of the things you're too stubborn to do are the things I'm also too stubborn to do.

Thanks for this post.