Friday, June 10, 2011

vacation

Steps to a successful vacation

1) Read a new book
2) Get outdoors for some yardwork
3) Schedule an eye appointment and reframe my face
4) Take a daily stroll downtown
5) Sleep normal hours
6) Enjoy happy hour and a Sox game
7) Discover a new coffee joint and drink a double short
8) Call an old friend
9) Find furniture for the living room
10) Thrift shop for used CDs and DVDs
11) Work on my writing (dispose poor habits)
12) Read and interact with a bajillion blogs

Any other ideas? I'm open to persuasion.

Activities to avoid

1) Staying up all night
2) Setting unrealistic expectations
3) Wearing socks
4) Posting new blog entries

The Ledger will feature new material on the 18th. See you then!

6 comments:

Anna Renee said...

Thanks for making my blog one in a bajillion!! ;)

Good luck with your vacation dos and don'ts!

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting for my call... ;)

Anonymous said...

p.s.
While you're wondering who to call... ask Chad Thompson or Kristy Coffel for a clue as to whom I am... while you sing 'broken finger' and not using Culp's hairbrush.

a.w. marks said...

Wouldn't have had to say a word...oddities in my stat tracker are rare, and I'm not a celebrity in Mexico...yet.

Am I supposed to know how to contact you? This is about as technological as I get these days. I stopped receiving wedding invites when I left The Book.

Anonymous said...

A.W.

I was sad when you left said Book, but... I got it too.

I was glad to have stumbled upon this here blog of your's. And you answered very quickly, mate. I didn't expect an answer until late at night on the 17th while you were writing your post for the 18th... or something like that.

Where are you? How have you been? Where are you working? Not sure about giving my email address over this medium, but... I just subscribed to your blog, not sure if you're privy to that info or not, but... my email address is obviously mine... i.e. if you saw it you'd know it's me.

I am glad to know that you're alive and well.

IC XC
<')))><

a.w. marks said...

I'm working at Family & Children Center again, and I bought a house just off the south edge of Sunnyside park. If you ever return to Bremen to reclaim your rightful throne as Kristy's Preschool Heartthrob, you have a place to live :)