Monday, June 6, 2011

like a storm over the sea

Because you
You're as tameless as an ocean
I want to love you but commotion
Oh it ravages me whole
And me
I'm as dramatic as the thunder
My lightning scares her, she rolls over
Oh yeah she needs to get some sleep

From "Aretha's Gold" by Wild Sweet Orange
"No greater love" bears dangerously close. I've tried to know a patient kind -- hardly modeled by a Lion's roar. He ravages and mauls, tears into beating heart with vicious desperation! I am to know you with less ferocity? I should turn from your fragile insecurity and acknowledge you as waste? No! I would deny Him if I could not love you for redemption. So run away, my beloved, from eyes that only filter truth, from lips that utter unbearable intensity. Run away to calm waters and hollow ambitions. Run away to sweet lips and sweeter oblivion! I will wait; this will serve the fruit of patience, but upon your return I will know you still. Not with hands, lips, or flesh: I will know the lovely exposure of your heart. We will still be inadequate; we will not be anchors. No promise of stable water or functional sail. We will splash as one among the deep in wild romance -- He will be our rock. I will not tame nor move my gaze from telling eyes. Only plunging into blue, through wet or dry cheek, on call for smile or frown. Come quickly my love -- do not despair our time apart. The fullness of His love will heal our wounds.

No comments: