Thursday, August 25, 2011

awaiting revelation

In November 2006, I fell into a deep sleep during the middle of the day, and I received this dream:

I was a child pitching in a little league game. I finished off the opponent's lineup with ease, and my catcher and I celebrated after the game. Next scene, the two of us were practicing pitches for the championship game across from my parent's yard, when one of my pitches flew over her head. As the two of us chased down the ball, I noticed that the trees in this typically wooded area had been chopped down, leaving only the stumps. She and I went back to our homes to change into our uniforms for the big game. While opening my dresser drawer, I heard noise and traffic outside my window. I looked past the curtain, and a funeral was being held next door. In front of the seated guests was a statue monument with the name "Sam McKinley" enscripted underneath. I began weeping heavily and woke up with a sharp awareness of these events.

I posted this dream sequence on my now defunct MySpace account. An anonymous reader commented with an interpretation -- unfortunately, the message was removed after she apparently closed her account. Here's a summary of the interpretation:

The game is your ministry. You have found success, but the next stage will require greater training. Those around you will face trials and grief. While this will fall close, your own life will be spared from this. The big game will continue despite these obstacles, and God's intent for your ministry will be fulfilled.

Three months later, my church planting coordinator suffered deep burns in a house fire. While in the hospital, our district superintendent lost his wife in a tragic accident. This sequence effectively removed my appointed authority: our superintendent resigning his post to tend to family matters, and my coordinator growing more distant before leaving our movement in St. Louis two years later. Through this transition, I offered myself to new authority in discipleship and walked into the larger vision of reformation.

In my current restlessness, these images have forced their way front and center. My discipler is praying along with me for revelation, but much is still unclear. The catcher, the stumps, the funeral, and the monument await. I present this to my online readers asking for your prayers or any word of revelation the Spirit might impress upon you.

Please take this request seriously, and only offer an interpretation if it is from the Lord. Likewise, if the Lord speaks, do not delay sharing in fear. Thank you, friends, and God bless :)

No comments: