Tuesday, July 19, 2011

heartbroken

In my line of work, most every child has a heartwrenching story. Sometimes, we spend so much time around kids that have been abused that we become desensitized to the stories.

This week, we received a young girl that had experienced more sexual and emotional trauma by age seven than I have ever seen. She's obviously got a mess going on inside her head, and we're certain to encounter her rough days, but the unprofessional human in me just wants to find a good family that can give her a God-sized hug and protect her from harm. I'd take her myself if I was married. I can read the charts and gain a vivid picture of how awful her life has been and how much of a handful she's become, but then I look at this girl just wanting to do normal 10-year-old things with a family that loves her, and I'm hurting inside.

I need God to intervene in a mighty way.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i want to take them all home too :(