Saturday, October 8, 2011

#2 - Sunday, October 7, 2007

Four years ago this weekend, I was anointed to lead this "Solomon Generation" into a fresh move of the Spirit and the work of reconciliation He has appointed to us. I wrote about the specifics of that anointing here, so I'll refrain from regurgitation. Suffice it to say, I commonly feel like a kid being given the keys to a vehicle infinitely too large to drive...and being asked to take it for a spin.

I believe this is how God would have us follow. Whereas our American predecessors learned the limitations of their flesh and efficiently worked within those boundaries, God is calling us to reach beyond our sight, into a move we are too tiny to direct. Without His Spirit, His authority, His sovereignty, His guidance, and His grace, the kingdom work of our generation will pass away with little noise. We've seen the visible demonstrations of the church's ambition to make God known, but God would have this generation submit to Him as vessels of the physically impossible.

Are you willing? Whether you are capable is irrelevant, because He will decide what shall be used for His Purpose. If God chooses to manifest His power and presence through you, the only question is whether you will lay your life before Him to serve a noble use. He alone makes us pure, and He alone will make His message irresistible to the ears of your people. For you and I, this is all about posture: will we dismiss the clutter of the world to be filled to the brim by His Presence?

I want it all. Heaven forbid this body should perish without the entirety of my heart serving His Kingdom. The common things that comfort my flesh shall be eradicated one by one, leaving only the skin and bones that carry His Word to accompany His Spirit within me. What other use am I? If I make you laugh, but my people should perish, my hope is empty. If I am remembered fondly for my passion and imagination, but our generation contributes nothing to advance Him, for what purpose have I motivated?

This blog was named Solomon's Ledger because I believe that God will orchestrate volumes for the generation that seeks His face. I believe that we have been granted the opportunity and privilege to be that generation. With that privilege, we can do what we'd like. We can defend our position and establishment to the death, attaining nothing but the worldly honor of our zeal, or we can aggressively advance His domain among creation through whatever unforeseen move He directs. One is a recognized entity; we know exactly what will be reaped by doing the same thing. The other is a lesson in humility, faith, trust, and intimacy: the breathtaking motion of hearts anxiously awaiting His next word.

No comments: