Sunday, March 25, 2012

027

I think the primary reason that online relationships are misleading is because we desire to present the best version of ourselves. What if we spent less time describing who we are and rather expressed what we need? I can promote myself on a media profile with the best of them, but it doesn't prevent women from discovering my passions are dealbreakers once I've invested. Wouldn't I spare myself some heartache if I utilized the she-focused approach from 20th century personals? Such as:
33 y.o. SWM seeking 19-33 y.o. Christian woman with an active testimony of grace. Must love children, walks in the park, coffee, and classic movies. Willing to prioritize kingdom work ahead of geography, occupation, academics, or financial security. Committed to holy living and a life of humility and purity. Short stature preferred, but not required. Interested? Call 574.xxx.xxxx and let's meet. No texts or e-mails before the first face-to-face, please.
Maybe I'm fooling myself, but that should sum up the confusion

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Anthony, your PASSIONS are what define you! If you feel like it’s your passions that routinely become dealbreakers, maybe you’re right – maybe you should think about changing your profile. Don’t let being rejected because of your passions make you afraid to market them, because then you will continue to draw people who won’t be a good fit. Anthony, MARKET YOUR PASSIONS! The right girl will be drawn because of your passions, not in spite of them when she finds them out late in the game. The passions should be your primary self-descriptor! They are what magnetically draws people to you.

For example. Even though I’d classify my edgy church experience with Giles & Co. to be largely a failure and I find myself to be floundering about (with regard to church direction), and my body actually SHUT DOWN on me when you/Bill/Laney were in “edgy church zone,” I still find myself magnetically drawn to your passion for edgy church. That’s why we’ve talked about it for hours over and over again for years now.

If you are talking to girls who are not magnetically drawn to you BECAUSE of your passions, you are talking to the wrong girls. Your passions are undeniably what make you so incredibly attractive. Stand in them.