Friday, January 6, 2012

004

When well-meaning believers ask me if I've considered [Single Female X], I kindly share the variables that shape my relationship decisions. In reality, it's simpler than this: I want a helper that bears His cross for their own sake. I've been told that I should pursue a relationship and allow this woman to accept my zeal in her own time and trust. Perhaps this is my stubbornness, but no. If she decides to minister in the inner court, we can find one another there, seeking our only inheritance together.

Or do I have this "leading" thing all wrong?

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I think you're spot-on. I think you are willing to lead someone who's not as far along on the journey. But why on God's green earth would you want to permanently pair yourself with someone who only "accepts" the core of who you are, the center of your being, the very essence of who you've become and where you are going? Find someone who *embraces* your zeal. I can't think that you would even admire anyone who isn't ruined.