Monday, December 20, 2010

time management

I live with an abundance of "me time," so I do not need to cut an element from my life. However, I wonder how I can be the best steward of my time. If I have even an ounce of writing skill, what noble purpose should it serve?

My blogging used to have a certain usefulness, but now it only makes me appear unbalanced. Yes, there's a transparency behind my daily ups and downs, but should my coherent thoughts suffer a loss of credibility for the sake of displaying my vulnerability?

I've had this lifelong dream to publish something true and useful, but this discipline will always take a back seat to my incessant rambling (as long as I offer it a forum). What would happen if I starved it, and replaced this time with writing chapter _________ of my larger work?

It's just a thought. If you stop seeing me here, assume the best for my writing :)

1 comment:

{Miranda Mae} said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've been reading some of your posts, and I guess I get the feeling we have similar thought processes as well. ha. I chose to comment on this particular post because I definitely relate.

You encouraged me to seek to know His grace more and more. Seeing as that is one my greatest struggles as I seek to be in His will, that encouragement was well placed. bravo. I wish I could encourage you with your walk, but sometimes just knowing we're not alone in our struggles can be the greatest encouragement. It's a global community of believers that are all seeking to walk the path of righteousness. I guess that gives me hope.

again, thanks.
Press on. :)

In peace,
M